Monday, 26 December 2011

The Horse Tipped Me Over

Kauto Star

Long Run

BBC website. A photo of Kauto Star, one of dad's favourite race horses. And as I looked I cried and cried. Soppy mare.
That's me, of course, not the horse. Kauto is a Gelding.

All this time it's taken for the flood gates to open and what brought it about? A super horse. And a super dad.
Bugger.

11 year old Kauto is running this afternoon in the King George VI at Kempton against another of Dad's fav's, Long Run. Both swelling his coffers. Therefore mine too....:)

A royal battle till the last fence I expect and one which dad AND mum would have built their day around if, of course, they were still an item.

I asked mum if she'd like a bet (Corals only down the road) she said No.
I thought I'd stroll along and have a tickle but decided I'd rather gallop away from hurt by watching cop shows.

Highlight of the Jump season... and what am I doing watching Bodie's arse.
Bugger.

3 comments:

Terry said...

You should follow your instinct and make a bet. If it wins you are happy and dad would be smiling upon you

Gloria Horsehound said...

Thanks Terry for all you do.

Oh and by the way punters don't usually "make a bet" they 'place a bet' or in true gambling speak, they 'have a bet.

Good Luck Terry.

Terry said...

Proves your are an expert in betting unlike us mere punters!