Wednesday, 14 December 2011

Nothing But Christmas On My Mind

The mantelpiece is looking perfectly pretty.

Hanging Wooden stars fringed with golden glitter, cards squashed together on account of a blue Father Christmas, his soft clothed legs hanging over the mantelpiece. No room for his sack. Two Tiffany style lamps edging perilously close to destruction, expecting annihilation soon, Mother's murder books the soon to be culprits. Families, homicide and Christmas going together like pudding and brandy butter.

Two Victorian style kids (about 10) in bonnets and capes stand trapped in a love gaze waiting for someone to lift them up and twist their underskirt mechanics in order to set them skating on their tiny wonderland rink.

Another jolly card, showing a miserable cat wearing silly baubles. I imagine the puss thinking.."When this silly woman has finished I'm going out and aint coming back till New Years Eve, LOL"

And the showpiece, a centrepiece of Yuletide joy, a dark ivy green 18 inch long thing with holes for three candles. Hanging from its centre, a fairy-tale red plastic apple and to the left another apple. The best thing about this decoration is its no-messing about hugeness.
But that hasn't stopped me adding.............

What else?
A couple of rogue pills, not mine, mine are smaller and whiter, a hairgrip, not mine, my hair too short to grab hold of, a list of television channels written BOLD, not for me, me don't do much telly any more and finally
a card with snowy olde church theme, for me.

I will, given the chance, lovingly flick through a recipe book looking for a simple festive Fruit Cake recipe. I think I may have one or two:)


Being cooked tonight:

Toad-in-the-Hole with onions and sage
Mashed pots with butter
some kind of veg, probably colly,probably steamed
a little jug 0'gravy

*

Queen of Puddings with Strawberry Jam
:)


Now I must FLY>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
x

No comments: