Tuesday, 21 December 2010

Even great people need rest...

I need a rest and methinks HE might have one enforced upon him...

This afternoon I have made 18 chocolate and hazelnut fairy cakes, 1 large fruit cocktail trifle and 2 mini ones and 6 large apple danishes. And the cook-a-thon hasn't ended yet, as I write a pan of lentil bolog is simmering (for tomorrow) and some puff pastry is waiting to be filled with sausagemeat and chutney for a dozen or so sos rolls.
I have to say if it wasn't for my JFK dvd and the hoohah currently surounding Vince Cable I'd be flat on my face with exhaustion. Poor old Vince falling for the oldest trick in the grubby book, two Telegraph sorts posing as constituents and by so doing landing Uncle V. in killer water. Resign or no resign?
A small clique of politicians have been marching into number 1o to no doubt have a chin wag with Dave over what to do with nice but dumb Vince. I like him.
Well it's dirty old game is politics but it has kept me entertained since 3. So engrossed was I that I almost burnt the almonds.
Now I have to get going again, no peace for me, the wicked or politicians!
x

No comments: