I wish I could think of a way to describe the night sky
Right now.
Velvet black is insulting
A poet's poor use of words
But what is it then, up there?
A motionless field of magnetic blue soothing women on the brink of desertion
a blank card for swearing at by men on their final last final pint
or an endless walkway to heaven in the minds of smitten young girls
A fathomless sea perhaps with no edge or border pure without wreckage from ships gone by
a desert with no footprints
or a sweet widespread satinesque sheet in iron ore blue
not muddied with the stains of gory sexplosions
An adventurous girl with no-one at home
could flourish in a place like sky.
No idea why I wrote this. Might be the colour and texture of my gloves. Velvet black. Matching the ceiling outside....
Friday, 17 December 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment