After posting the pics yesterday I finally got into the festive spirit. Must have been the reds and golds and greens. Nothing affects my mood more than a blast of vibrant life-giving colour. And reds and golds and green do that better than most.
Seeing a bright yellow lemon sitting in royal blue bowl or an olive green leaf hanging by its stem makes magic out of everyday humdrum.
Red is good too. My blanket in the picture is deep wine red one side and blood red the other. Both have their place. The wine for night, the blood for day.
This morning I'm making Apple Turnovers. Wanted to make Danish Pastries but ran out of yeast. So homely Turnovers it is. These flaky mouthwatering temptresses are not for me of course, they will be wrapped in foil and taken to London tomorrow. I'll have a digestive!
Whilst the apples sugar and sultanas bubbled I found a very interesting and crazy recipe. For mini fruit cakes cooked in a small sized baked bean tin. 'The ideal present for a small eater or one who lives on their own' said the recipe bumpf.
I do love my books! So entertaining and informative and such a good friend to have on a Thursday.
But now I must return to the kitchen of love on account of needing to roll buttery golden flaky pastry into saucer shapes and then fill them with green apples, tawny sultanas and mink coloured muscovado sugar.
Lovely:)
Thursday, 16 December 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment