Thursday, 24 March 2011

Auto writings.....

Across the broken battlefield
lie
flakes of men in dress
************************

Hidden amongst cobwebs
the hidden woman growls
*********************

A penny for your thoughts
dropped in my vacant slot
would make my silent tears rattle
**************************

Wielding my shiny hammer
I throw a shape or two
at you
because
my crushed heart
still loves you
*******************

Throw everything in the pot
the vagrant begged of me
and I did
for...
because...
I'd lost you
what use or good
are
home and cash
without a head to pat
without an arse to spank
without a someone to really sleep well with
**********************

A bird of love
clicked its heels on my window
'let me in let me in let me in'
its screech so pitiful
I bled tears
'Click away' I frothed
'I wont let you come'
'My heart it lives alone'

And as the years ran away
the bird flew
never clicking my window pane again.
**********************************




2 comments:

Terry said...

So sad. Hope it is not reflection of you at this moment in time.

Gloria Horsehound said...

As with all writers there's a little of me in everything I write.
Emphasis on 'little'. The rest is MY beautiful imagination.

'Auto writings' are words that need to be flushed out and not dressed up and thought over like in a 'real' poem.