Thursday, 31 March 2011

Thoughts from the Bungalow

~My new hair cut has put a tingle in my step, so when I went out this afternoon, I almost broke into a little dance:)

~I was sorry to see mini Annie get booted out of the MasterChef kitchen, but was relieved it wasn't Sara or Tom or Tim or indeed any of them! I love them all! Except Jackie who I find to be a whopping pain in the derriere.
Tim is so wonderfully creative that I feel excited when he brings his plate of food to be judged by John and Gregg, and, this week, by Michel Roux.....
He's an absolute one-of-a-kind is Tim, vanilla with seafood? "Whatever you say my madcap American friend."

I especially loved this week's programme which had our contestants cooking inside the oldest University on earth, Oxford, for both students and lecturers and other important type people. Was open mouthed at the sight of the simple yet lavishly decorated dining hall, with its scrubbed wooden tables and sparkling silverware and lamps, I was in heaven just looking at it.
Simply beautiful.

As for my kitchen, it isn't grand or well scrubbed but it is beautiful. And in a mo I'll start making tonight's tea...

Chicken Goulash made with tomatoes, red pepper, onions, paprika and cayenne, and, to keep it kind of authentic...potatoes.... this warm spicy casserole will have quite a lot of yoghurt swirled in at the end and then be served with hot fluffed rice.
For pudding, just a slice of coconut cake and pot of tea.

1 comment:

Terry said...

Goulash is hungarian so you should be drinking vodka with it and that might make your hair curl!!