Thursday, 24 March 2011

What a fab day!

Just popped out to feed the birdies and whilst out there, stood, arms outstretched hugging the loved sunshine.

Ok enough poetical frippery...


Being made this afternoon in a sun drenched kitchen with Gun dvd playing...


Four steak and kidney puddings.
Two regular sized ones for the Horsehound household and two smaller ones made in colourful Pyrex pots for mum and dad. Not big eaters hence the mini dishes.

Bakewell Maids.
A dozen probably. A pain to assemble. Lots of different stages which take time but at the end crumbly sweet almondy cakes topped with flaked browned almonds. The jam in the middle? Strawberry.

Coconut Fingers.
How many depends on how generously I slice the big fat traybake. This is a recipe I got from a Farmhouse Kitchen book. Plain sponge flavoured with vanilla then topped by a wicked coconut frosting. Coconut/marg or butter/milk, vanilla and sugar. Oh Brother what a mix! So moist, so delicious, so wicked.

Another Ginger Sponge Cake.
Yesterday's one sent me bonkers so will make and freeze another. A few slices will go to London with me tomorrow along with two meat puds, the maids and gooey coconut thumbs:)

I don't think I've forgotten anything!


Now I must fly>>>>>>>>>>>>:)

1 comment:

Terry said...

Sounds like you will need a trolley to transport the goodies you are taking to your parents. They will have enough for a week!