Friday, 4 March 2011

A simple day

For a simple woman.
A trip to the high street for necessities and and white chocolate.
A jazzy p.m. after a fuss free mid day snack.
Creating pizza and verse with sunshine over my shoulder.
Tea.
The cat not veering nor blinking an exotic eye.
A plate of Drop Scones after the 7 'o'clock news. Sweet Indulgence doesn't need time, just a hot hot griddle.
Legs bare and stretched watching BBC 4 and Paul Merton. His love of vintage comedy a cool reminder that Arthur Haynes in black & white was great at impro.
Cat wedged and baked between old sofa and radiator. A sign that he only wants me when the heating is low. But scorched or frosted I love him anyway.

And as a car cries by, its engine full-bloodied loud, I softly walk away...

2 comments:

NOF said...

Simple and effective. Thanks

Gloria Horsehound said...

Thanks Nof...
How ever hard I try everything I write comes out poetic!