Friday, 11 March 2011

Pre- Goreng Thoughts


With a zing in my heart and a plaster on my toe I've just set about making some Nasi Goreng...For the poor unfortunates who are unfamiliar with the Indonesian dish here it is. well my version anyway...
Rice, onions, carrots, peas, corn, broccoli bits, pork, two egg omelette, chopped fresh tomato, curry powder and soy.
Served in my gorgeous bowl (see above) it's homely enough for family and swish enough for guests. Would need to use best plates though.

My earlier walk was fruitful in so far as it put a bold redness in my cheeks and a lot of seeds on the bird table. So everyone was happy.
I resisted the urge to pop in charity shops preferring instead to keep my cash on my hip. Miracles, you see, do happen!

As I walked I was mightily glad I'd worn sensible explorer type booties, they made the trek easier. Thundering along I thought of all the greats...Shackleton, Scott and anyone else barmy enough to walk when they could so easily have taken the car:)

As I tucked into a packet of Rolos the Avon lady dropped by trying to interest me in the latest age defying wonder serum, I thanked her with a wrinkle free smile and sent the tired looking woman on her way...I'll stick with the simple solutions I thought afterwards, solutions like old time Nivea, Petroleum jelly and egg white.

All of a sudden I feel a tremendous desire for rose wine. But alas my cellar is empty. This alcohol interest I put down to to exertion and a need for flighty thrills. I had the same unearthly urges last Friday night but dampened them with lemonade.

The bungalow is looking tidy and spruced and with the sweet aroma of Wild Lavender air freshener and frying onions it's a real nice place to be:)

2 comments:

Terry said...

So what did you kick to require a plaster? Rose wine - next you will be revealing all your aloholic preferences!

Gloria Horsehound said...

What did I kick?
Myself of course!