My trip to the charity shop was fruitful.
Bought a dark multi-stoned ring for 20p, a small beige and tan lidded pot with 'Pixie Cottage' written on it, a large lidded vegetable dish with a holly design and the piece-de-resistance, a green white and gold 'Burslem' jug, have checked it's value online of course but so far no luck. I love collecting china and so this jug will hang or sit alongside all the others. It's a strange shape, reminds me of a gravy boat that suddenly wanted to be a milk jug.
I'll post a pic as soon as I can. Now here's the funny and heartwarming bit I bought it not only because I'm an avid collector of bric-a-brac but because of the name stamped on its bottom...'Gloria'. I had to have it didn't I?
On the menu tonight Cumberland Sausage Risotto with green beans and hot herb bread. Slowly followed by Chocolate Puddle pudding and cream.
Tuesday, 28 October 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Your shopping sounds wonderful! I can't wait to see a picture of the Gloria piece! It was destiny.
Now about this dinner:
Please don't post anymore recipes or thoughts of food. I'm dieting to get ready for scuba diving and I'm going through withdrawal for carbohydrates. I miss bread and pasta and most of all BEER!! I can't have any alcohol for 2 weeks! I can eat all the salad and veggies and eggs and meat I want, but no carbs. The Duke and I are having a contest to see whose willpower breaks first. He better be ready to lose because once I get my mind made up...there's no stopping me.
You know I'm just kidding, right? You post away about your beautiful food creations and I'll be over here eating celery. :)
Hugs,
D
Post a Comment