Friday, 10 October 2008

London

London day today.
Would have gladly given everything I own for Dad to have been able to breathe. He wasn't very well today and I went into well hidden panic mode. Mum did her best to be nonchalant but she didn't fool me for one minute I knew how she felt and what she was thinking.
I kept my rage and fear under control by talking with him about money, low fat milk, tomorrows football match and sex. He tried to keep up with me but he couldn't so I accepted that he was having a bad day and that things would be better tomorrow.
When me and mum went to the shops we both did what we usually do and that was look at books, dresses and lipsticks, but all our girliness was tinted by worry.

Tomorrow England take on Kazakhstan and the live shows begin on the X Factor.
Thank God for ordinary things.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My Queen,

I'm just now reading this. I hope your Dad has improved. Please keep me posted.

Your D