Thursday, 9 October 2008

National Poetry Day

It's National Poetry Day.
When poets whip out their quills
but my quill has been chewed up by me
so I don't have nothing to say.

On the Horsehound agenda today: Removing beard.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Say it ain't so!! The Queen with nothing to say???? I don't believe it. Someone has hijacked your blog.

I've had a run of bad luck that I need to take care of....I'll check back later.

Duchy

Gloria Horsehound said...

Fear not Duch your Queen is rapidly composing as we speak.

Going over some poems for a competition and I'm getting in a right state!
More tea is required:)

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, there's my Queen :) When is your competition? I'm sure you're picking the best of the lot for submission. Good luck with that!

My car died on me yesterday and it's going to cost about $500.00 to fix it. :( That really hits my pocket book hard. I'm already scrimping and getting by so this will completely throw me over the edge. GAAHHH!!! I hate this economy!! I'm worse off now than when I was in my 20's struggling to pay my bills!

But I will do what I can and try not to worry too much about it. There's really not much more I can do.

You have a wonderful day (evening I suppose by now) and I'll be in touch!

D

Gloria Horsehound said...

The closing date for the comp is 31st Oct. So I have another couple of weeks to decide, the brief is to send poems of fewer than 40 lines so that won't be too much of a problem for me, most of mine are about 20 or so. But I've been editing a couple just to make them a bit punchier and I guess, better!
If I ain't in it I can't win it!

Don't mention cars to me, our old car was put out to pasture a few months ago, the car mechanic man said it would be cheaper to buy a 'new' second-hand one, so that's what we did.

Try not too worry too much about the money because in the long run it win't make a blind bit of difference. Easier said than done i know, but it's best.