Couldn't sleep last night so at 2 a.m. I was in my jimjams at the stove warming milk in the dark! I then watched Mr McCain and Mr Obama slug it out on BBC News 24! The Presidential candidates walked around answering questions, although McCain shouldn't. His gait was wooden and he looked liked he'd wet his pants. Word of advice for him: Sit down next time. Mr Obama's movements however were graceful and stodgy free, When he popped himself up on a stool I thought he was about to give us a few bars of 'My Way'. The debate was at times, ill mannered and a bit nasty, the nastiness mostly emanating from McCain. From what I saw I'd say Obama won it, again.
So as much as I wanted to see it to the end, I couldn't, Monty jumped on the bed and looked at me as if to say "You look tired Mum, put the milk down, turn the telly off and get some shut eye" So at 3 a.m. I did.
Needless to say I'm pretty pooped this morning but buying milk, sausages and rubber gloves will soon wake me up!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Ah good! I'm glad you saw the debate. I, too, thought Mr. McCain needed to sit down. He reminded me of the drunk grandfather at a wedding for some reason. I didn't like the fact that McCain kept blasting Obama. I don't want to hear that now. I want to know how each one of them is going to fix this mess that they allowed to happen. I don't care what you did for the last 26 years because it obviously didn't work. I also didn't like it when McCain kept saying, "My friends". You, sir, are not my friend. I don't know you so stop pretending like you care about the common American. What would you know about struggling to make bills with your rich wife and 9 houses. Most of us have only one house and are the verge of either losing it or not eating. So, Mr. McCain and Mr. Obama, the preverbial ball is in your court.
The pissed off Duchess
Well said Duch!
Over here the Conservative party is known as the Nasty party. And when I listened to McCain he sounded like the American version of a typical Thatcherite politician, they only care for the rich and strong the rest can go to the wall or hell.
Post a Comment