I watched Governor Palin and Senator Biden in their first Vice Presidential debate and it looked to me like a Trades Union leader slugging it out the C.E.O.
The Governor was good but she needs to slow down a little, her rapid fire delivery was too much for me, she also appeared to be impatient and cold, despite the permanent smile. The Senator's delivery on the other hand was slow and methodical, he knew when to twinkle and when to go for the kill he also knew how to charm. I particularly liked the way he continually addressed the chairwoman as 'Gwen', a sweet personal touch, which I would imagine tends to work for the Senator.
Mrs Palin however didn't do the sweet and charming thing and her eyes weren't on Gwen but looking into the camera and so directly into the eyes of the American people. A shrewd if slightly cold move on Sarah's part. I loved watching this fabulous piece of political theatre and if I had to say who won the match I'd say the Senator won it. His vast experience at handling people and power shone through, whereas the Governor, although enormously successful and outstanding looked like a regular woman who couldn't believe her luck.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Oh I soooo agree with you! I don't like the way Mrs. Palin winks at the camera either. To me it's condescending. I've heard Sen. Biden had to step away from campaigning because his Mother in Law passed away. The rumor is that Hillary will replace him. I don't believe that for a moment. I believe on Oct. 8th is another Presidential debate. Can't wait for that one.
The boys had a wonderful time at the dance. They found cameras just sitting on tables and took pictures of themselves. Can you imagine looking through your photographs and having these two on there? The Duke and I were alone for the evening and got take out BBQ and started to watch a movie and we both fell asleep withing 20 minutes on the sofa. The boys woke us up when they got home.
The little Duchess played her first game yesterday and we were down one player. She played the whole game and her knee was bothering her.
Gotta run, someone just came in my office.
Love you!
I've not heard the rumour about Hillary but I'll be watchng the next debate that's for sure. Another thing I liked was how the audience kept so quiet during the debate, if that was a British crowd there'd be shouting and jeering al the time. A bit like Prime Ministers Question time in fact!.
I'm so glad the boys had a great time and in years to come when you're all sifting through old photos you'll come across these photos and say "Look how handsome and happy my boys were" Priceless memories fro you Duch.
Love the thought of you and the Duke eating a 'take out' and then falling asleep, so love the idea of that, sounds like a young couple very much in love. I am such an old romantic fool.
I've been re-arranging furniture today! And have swapped curtains around too, I think it must have something to do with the chilly weather, I'm trying to make things look a bit cosier.
And as for the little Duch she must be made of tough stuff, but when you're a kid you can bounce back from anything can't you? It's only when you get old that it takes ages to recover.
I'll sign off now otherwise I'll just rattle on and on.
Love you too sweetheart, in my very quaint English way!
Your Queen
As far as the audience behaving themselves, I believe they had to promise to be quiet! There was to be no applause or jeers or they would be escorted out.
I do have pictures for you that I'm sending off today. :)
Hahaha about the young couple! We had been outside all day selling pumpkins and straw bales and cornstalks! I made $50.00 in one day! The day was glorious....a perfect fall day. We closed our little "stand" up around 4:00 and sat on the porch drinking beer and realized we were going to be alone for the evening. Neither one of us wanted to get cleaned up and dressed up so we got take out and started to watch a movie at home when we just dozed off. You would think we would've taken advantage of being alone, but I guess we're getting old.
I'll look for you tomorrow, My Queen!
D
Looking forward to the picture. I'll be here tomorrow afternoon if you want to have a chat.
Post a Comment