
A pink rose has sprung up by the front door and I don't know whether to leave it to freeze on the stem or slice it and press it. (see above)
On Saturday evening BBC Parliament is showing this weeks spat between Barack Obama and John McCain. Might be able to watch it, depends if I'm teetering to a car on those killer heels or not!
Got a backlog of films which I've recorded, I have to make an effort to watch some of them. There's nothing like sinking into a settee wearing loose clothing and watching a good movie. I want to do that NOW!
I'm in the mood for making a Bara Brith. It's especially nice toasted and buttered for breakfast.
I need a new hat.
I've been lugging a wretched bookcase about. Can't decide where to put it, it's currently under the window in the sitting room. Monty certainly approves, he's already laid royally on top of it like the little Prince he is.
On the menu for tonight is Chilli Con Carne. I'm ditching the familiar Kidney Beans in favour of Pinto Beans, will also tinker with the spices. I want it to look redder!
I'll be out and about later in my new second-hand boots, they're a tad too big in the toe department, but with plenty of sock they feel ok!
On that dopey note I must say cheerio because I need some porridge and Monty has wrapped his front legs around my ankles and that's a sure sign he wants to play.
8 comments:
I'd leave the rose Glo if I were you, and Bara Brith is something I've certainly not had for years I don't think its in the supermarkets either.
Good start to my day as per usual.
Colder nights will soon kill of your rose so why not cut and press that way it will be forever young and fresh like you.
Suggest you add a red pepper ans whole red chilli - should colour it nicely and bring red glowto your cheeks!
Thank you Terry for the compliment and recipe tips.
My cheeks get red in two ways: 1. Cleaning windows and 2. Dancing
Thanks Victor, I haven't seen Bara Brith in shops either but I don't look for it so!.....
Laughter is the best breakfast by the way.
Oh, the rose is beautiful! Leave it for just a little while then just before it goes bad, press it.
I watched the debate live on Wednesday and it was a corker! Senator McCain scared me like some kind of Stephen King character. Senator Obama was, well, I won't spoil it for you. :) Write me after you've watched it and let me know what you think.
I have no idea what Bara Brith is but it sounds like some exotic location.
Got a couple of games this weekend with the little D and the weather is supposed to be very nice.
The Duke is going to a college football game with some friends, so I won't have him underfoot. Maybe I'll get something done.
Well, I'm off to work. I'll check back later, My Queen!
Here's a sampling of the debate:
http://news.yahoo.com/nphotos/Republican-presidential-nominee-shaking-hands-Senator-Barack-Obama-presidential-debate/photo//081016/ids_photos_ts/r1772410910.jpg/;_ylt=AsY9CK3rmRn2wwsleTpSQD8DW7oF
Hi Duch,
Bara Brith is a Welsh tea bread. There are lots of variations of course, I make a simple yeast one.
If I don't watch the debate on Saturday I'll record it and watch it on Sunday.
And I'll do what you suggest, I'll cut the rose just before it goes 'bad' and then press it.
As for the shoes, they are purely for dressing up in, I mean how on earth could I walk down the road in them? No, I'll only wear them if I'm going somewhere in the car and either sitting down all night or standing in a pub. What a thought!.
I've never ever bought shoes like it, it's my age Duch, it's my age.
Does Gordon Brown smell funny?
http://www.comcast.net/news/toppix10/18/slideshow/view/58/
Post a Comment