As usual I've got it all wrong.
England are not playing Slovenia tonight, they're playing on Saturday 5th. And England's game with Croatia is on Wednesday 9th. Ooops!
Anyway back to happier things.
Shopping.
I bought what I need to fix mum and dad's door, now all I need to do is put it all together. Woodwork isn't quite my thing but I'll have a go.
After buying the bits and bobs from gangly friendly Martin I strode in the weak sunshine to the charity shop by the chip shop and found a wonderful brown and orange knitted blanket, it has a homely homemade look to it. Two matching cushion cases came with it so that was nice. And all for £1. As I rifled through the jewellry box I found a kingfisher blue and silver bangle. And as I rolled it around my wrist deciding whether to buy it or not my bus pulled up outside so I threw 50p at the elderly lady who was manning the till saying 'Thank you sweetie I love it' and positively flew for the number 7 bus.
On board I paid a whopping £2:10 for a single ticket but then settled down nicely for the ten minute ride home. And then like a great silver bear, Joan, from my favourite charity shop down the road, dropped in beside me. She looked flushed and happy and I listened obediently as she told me about her new vicar and the hooha that accompanied his appointment.
She alighted the number 7 saying that her shop will re-open on the 17th (it's being refurbished) and that I must come down soon. I smiled and agreed because I like Joan and her shop.
Home.
Home to Monty. Dear old Monty. Drove me bonkers he did as I spread some fish paste on me crackers. But he soon settled as he licked my fingers. He also relished the remnants of Monday's trifle.
And as I sipped my tea I found out via teletext that there wasn't going to be a footie match tonight:( And I was so looking forward to seeing Capello's boys sort out the Slovenians. Blast.
So it's just me and the cat tonight.
But now I have woodwork to attend to. Should be fun:)
Wednesday, 2 September 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment