I really don't have the time for a whacking great post so here's life stuff in bite sized pieces.
The circus was loud, dusty and steeped in controversy. Apparently the owner of the circus had to tell a Romanian worker to shove off on account of his cruelty to elephants. I felt uneasy when the animals 'performed' seeing magnificent creatures like tigers, elephants, horses and camels walking around and around and around for my 'entertainment' was uncomfortable. It is the only circus which has animals as actors and to be quite honest I hope it folds.
The clowns were ok, no custard pies or anything ancient like that, just spinning plates and tear stained faces. Just what hundreds of six year olds want to see.
However the juggler was great.
'Much too good for a circus' I shouted to Henry over the din, he, that's the juggler not Henry, threw batons high into the air, and made faces as he pretended to drop one into the sawdust. His handling of five balls was impressive especially as he was simultaneously grooving to 'Thriller'. What an actor this man was. His handling of fire encrusted sticks was quite breathtaking, he did what all good performers do and that was to engage. He smiled mercilessly, showing good teeth and as the sweat trickled down his make-up, he jumped and twirled and hit the deck in a faux fall. Loved him.
Then came the camels. A more miserable bunch of herberts I've yet to see. 'Like to see you on one of them' Henry said sucking on one of my cherry drops. 'Oh do shut up Henry or I'll kick your stick'.
The evening shrilled on...
All I can say about the circus is that it was the first one I've ever been to and it'll most certainly be the last.
And at a much later time than I'm used to I went to bed wearing one earring.
Today, after clearing up at Henry's, I'll pop up to Potters on the bus to see Martin and his sticky fixers then come home to a fish tea and watch my beloved England...
Life in the fast lane or what?:(
Wednesday, 2 September 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment