Saturday, 12 September 2009

Sooooooo Saturday


Made Chicken balls late last night.
They were not in the least like the Chicken balls we get from the Lim Lam. The Lim Lam balls are roundish with odd shaped nobulars sticking out hither and thither. My balls were longish and flattish with only the occasional protruding nobular.
Tasted great though!

Today is Burger day.
I'll shape some minced beef into man-sized patties and slap them on the griddle, hoping against hope to get that flame grilled, burnt round the edges look that is so appealing to me. Being a bit health conscious I'll drain them off on a slip of paper towel.
They'll then go in the bun along with torn lettuce leaves, chilli and tomato relish, sliced cheddar and delicate onion bracelets.

They will be mountainous.
And so will I if I carry on like this:)

But it's Saturday and I love Saturdays.
So much good stuff occurs on a Saturday that I'm going plum crazy thinking about it.
Some time later on today I will again gabble incessantly to the old dears in London. Apparently according to Mums early morning phone call, dad has developed a thing for Almond tarts.
Bugger.
That means another trip to the shop. I wonder if useless Somerfield has any ground almonds. I doubt it. All they sell is 78p a tin Coke.

So in the lingo of the young folk, I soooooo don't need that.


Cheerio:)

No comments: