Roast Beef. A decent sized roast
Yorkshire pudding. Large but not excessively so
Roast potatoes. Only three.
Glazed whole carrots. Lots and whoppers.
Peas. What can I say about peas?
Gravy and mustard. Thin and Thick
For pud...
Banoffee Pie. 7 inches of pleasure.
Making the Banoffee Pie was fun because I've never made one before and getting to grips with cocoa, bananas, biscuits, butter and cream so early on a Sunday morning was silly and childlike and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Especially smashing up the digestives in a Sainsbury's carrier bag. Loved that bit!
For tea I expect it'll be either be beefy sandwiches or a Chinese!
Which reminds me of a restaurant I had the pleasure of visiting.
It's on Southend seafront and called 'The Great Wall' and I can clearly remember looking out to sea through vast windows whilst showing off my chopstick skills. I of course wore red as a sign of respect.
And now I'm wondering if there's a Chinese lady somewhere, right now, reminiscing about the time she had a plate of Fish and Chips whilst on vacation in Scarborough or somewhere...talking of which I had a lovely piece of Roe on Saturday from Munch Kings, a little establishment near the car wash.
I must toddle off now on account of me beef needing to be tended to, which reminds me I'm having my hair done Tuesday.
Sunday, 6 September 2009
Sunday Menu and Other Nonsense
Labels:
Banoffee Pie,
British Food,
British Humour,
Munch Kings,
Roast Beef,
Southend
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
We have a Chinese buffet here called the "Great Wall" also. Quaint little buffet. Have a good Sunday. I am watching Dr. Who episodes from the older series. Hmmmm... brings back memories of my youth.
Jerry from the West Coast
Seems we have a lot in common Jerry. But Dr Who? Oh dear. Now you've lost me!
Only ever watched the Doctor when I was a tiny little girl, William Hartnell was the man or possibly the other one, the one with the dark hair, Troughton I think his name was.
Yes. I watched some Hartnell just yesterday. Actually its BBC's fault - :) I watched Torchwood and was fascinated. I remember watching both the good and silly parts of the Doctor. I watched a bit of Troughton too. Looking back they are not that bad - they are entertaining. And bit of TV history. Something I never thought I would look at.
I've never seen Torchwood, supposed to be quite good by all accounts.
I've been concentrating on The X Factor recently, and last night's programme was pretty good, two very good girl singers, both very natural, one did a Mariah Carey song but resisted the urge to impersonate Ms Carey which made a change...She was beautifully natural in her looks and manner, I liked her a lot. The other girl was soul personified, at just 17 she sang like she knew everything. Good stuff.
There were the usual hopeless sorts, one in particular made me laugh out loud. A Frenchman insisted on copying his heroine, the aforementioned Ms Carey. He was hideous and I felt sorry for him.
The whole show is a great disaster and I love it.
Post a Comment