Monday, 9 November 2009

Bette's Bag


After the trauma of being dissed by Henry I went to the charity shop where I bought a large brown square shallow dish and two handbags.

The dish is like nothing I've ever seen before. No makers marks anywhere, it's just a dish for putting things in or on. At the moment it's empty and sitting on my large, loved, stained and damaged pine coffee table. I expect it'll end up in the kitchen being used as a serving dish for Nasi Gorenge, Poppodoms or Chocolate Fairy Cakes. Which reminds me I absolutely must buy a three tiered cake stand otherwise I'll be unhappy for the rest of my days. Little cakes must sit on a cake stand otherwise what's the point?

Now the handbags.
One handbag is very small, black and stiff with a snappy kerchunck fastening, it reminds me of the type of bag my favourite actress Miss Bette Davis might have used when thinking about killing off a film husband.

"With all my heart I still love the man I killed..."
(The Letter 1940)

The other is square and inky blue in colour and made of divine silk. It doesn't do up with a bang, it does up with a black knobbly thing which reminds me of a Walnut Whirl

Both handbags have a slight decadence about them. And I like that. And it's funny, nay chilling, because only the other day I was thinking that I'd like a tiny black bag for when I go to sultry places like the odd shaped pub up the road and a sweet little bag with oriental overtones for when I go to other pubs. Probably out a bit, Pagelsham way, where I pass a lot of greenery and massive farms.

There now isn't that odd?
Is it as simples as that? That all I have to do is think of something and a little while later, probably no more than a week, I actually get it....Hmm interesting. So...

I'd like:
A Willow Pattern Tea Pot.
A Box of Chocolates
A Three Tiered Cake Stand


On a lighter note: I'm braising pork sausages and veggies in oxtail soup and if I don't eat them soon I'm a gonna faint.

No comments: