










A silly purple corduroy hat with a jockey type brim.
Pulling a face now...
Never known what type of hat suits me. And I've worn loads over the years. Berets, faux tiger, faux mink and genuine sheepskin. Once I even plonked a shiny black helmet style hat on my head. Very 1960's. Very not me. See above! But enormous fun, for like five minutes! The hats I've worn most have been berets. Tile Red, Nutmeg brown, Navy blue and one, a black one, even sported a tassle. Bought that in a queer shop in Portobello Road many moons ago. So used to love going 'down the lane' with mum when I was a greasy teenager picking up all sorts of treasures. Christ, I'm still doing it...
Anyway that's enough about head gear.
A belted, black, three quarter length mac. This surprised me because I'm not a black lover. But this slightly military style jacket felt good when I scrambled into it. It has a good belt which shows off my waist and a good clean cut collar which will make me look sinister as I slink up to London on the 10:12.
A pair of dark grey woollen roomy trousers. Very Oxford Bags. But I'll need to take them up tiny bit on account of my short legs. But they fit like a dream elsewhere. Not a great trouser wearer, I much prefer a dress or skirt, but I can see myself wearing these smashing pants with a white shirt tied at the waist, severe shoes and an explosion of long beaded necklaces. I may look a little like Burlington Bertie but a cigarette holder will not be held between my red lips. I am not a gay drama queen.
A Betty Barclay jumper. Shades of grey and black in angora with delicate inoffensive sequins scattered here there and almost everywhere. Feels butter soft against my cheek and will go with almost everything in the wardrobe.
Now I'm going to put my hat on. This way that way this way that way...!
2 comments:
As you may know Mrs NOF was, in a former life, a milliner. She still makes hats for fun and has several that she thinks will suit you.
So not only quince jelly but a few hats heading your way soon.
What a lucky Glo you are!!!
Yes I know about Mrs Nof's expertise on the titfer front and so yes I am a 'lucky Glo'!
Huge thanks to Mrs Nof for thinking about me... Methinks another munchykins day is on the cards...
What a lucky Noffy you is!!!
Post a Comment