*Spent a silly amount of time talking to Henry's two cats, Blackie and and the newly named Goldilocks. Blackie was all over me, Goldie however just swept by heading straight to the cod in jelly.
*Henry has savagely trimmed his beard he now resembles Magwitch rather than Father Christmas.
*Received a snow scene Christmas card from the Avon lady. Written inside were the joyous words: From your Avon lady. No kisses. And that's a relief because she's a bit butch mate.
*Cooking Latimer Beef tonight. Another wonderful recipe from my favourite cookery writer, the one and only Mary Berry. Bless her spoons.
*Still on the food theme. Just whizzed up a Microwaveable Marble pudding. Marble on account of it looking like an accident in a paint factory. Squiggles of strawberry, chocolate and vanilla run riot in the blue and white pudding bowl. Will nuke it for 3 mins a bit later.
* Going to the pics at the weekend to see '2012'. Love disaster movies because it gives me the chance to sit with my size 4's curled up under my size 0 bottom. Too much information? Possibly.
*Life After Death was the tea break topic at Henry's today. 'Did he have a budgie love?' And 'Is there anyone here who's lost someone called grandad?' Apparently a few years ago Henry had the vicar in on account of feeling the music room was occupied by a spirit.
"Phooey" I said.
Later on saying a chirpy understanding "Hi there" to the ghost sitting on the drumkit.
Just in case...
*If I was a dessert I'd be a trifle. Layers of loveliness, very sweet and a bit old fashioned. What would you be?
*Top of my list of must haves is a soft pink hat with sparkly bits. Impending Old Age? No. I've always liked dressing up.
*Monty likes lamb chops on the floor.
On a lighter note:
I'm so pleased it's the weekend. Time to renew the leaking batteries with a pink cat woollie and bag of popcorn. :)
Have a great weekend everyone!
Friday, 20 November 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I posed the question of what dessert I would be to Mrs NOF and she said I was a trifle too!!! Mrs NOF is of course strawberries and cream.
Back from our holiday now and catching up with the adventures of Henry and seeing beautiful Alex. My how he has grown!!!
You a trifle? More of an Eton Mess if you ask me!
And I see Mrs Nof as an excitingly sweet fruit cocktail...Lots of delicate fruits with a twist of something dangerous...
So pleased to hear that the latest addition to the family is becoming more and more beautiful. Can't wait to hold him.
Love from Alex's Soppy Great Aunt
Yes you are right - Eton Mess it is. So much more refined than a spotted richard.
You leave my Spotted Dick alone!
And a breathless thanks for sending me your poem. How I love to read other poets work. Thanks Nof.
Post a Comment