Thursday, 5 November 2009

Spun around in Aleks today getting leeks, chickens and custard.
And as I dawdled from here to there I felt the first twiddly excitement of Christmas.
But I will not do what I always do, which is leave everything to the last merry second. No, this year I'll be very organized...
From next week on I'll be stashing away flour for cakes and pastries. Nuts, dried fruits and chocolate for cakes and pastries and butter, lard and Muscovado sugar for er..cakes and pastries!
Fatty Christmas everyone!

On the meat front I'll try to pop some pork, lamb and beef in the freezer. Got some new booze fuelled recipes I want to try, so will need to lay down some beer, wine and cider on the bottom shelf of the knick-knack bookcase. This knick knack bookcase was in the conservatory but it's in the kitchen now behind an old armchair. This thick-armed beige armchair was given to me some 15 years ago by Lucille, a tall, talkative, religious lady who lived over the way with her shrub loving non-speaking husband Kevin who had an allotment near the railway.
Away from the shrubs and potatoes he was not a happy man.

I expect I'll be up the loft come mid December looking for the feet of the plastic Christmas tree.

Now I must get Aleks out and lay down some rubber mats.

No comments: