So good to see the sun. So I put on my dark glasses and tootled to Sainsburys. After seeing to Henry of course!
He was in bed when I arrived so I did my stern mother act and told him to move his arse.
"Can't do that darling" he piped up, his head barely visible under the duvet
I stood on his discarded trousers and repeated the order.
"Be down in a minute then" he whimpered
"Good that's what I want to hear" I said throwing back the grey curtains.
"Don't go in the bathroom Angie darling, will you?"
I shot a glance at the en suite door and knowing what he meant said softly "No, I won't" and came downstairs.
A little later...
After I'd fed Blackie and Goldilocks I fed the birds then I pulled the skin off some chicken thighs and tossed some tasty ingredients into the slow-cooker.
It was as I was staring at some fungi on a slice of bread that Henry presented himself.
"So what's new and exciting Angie darling?
I have to give him credit, he's on his last legs yet still manages to make inconsequential light hearted banter with his cleaner.
"Going to Sainsbury's soon so I won't be hanging around here larking about with you. Tea?"
He made a comment and the tea was made.
And so it went on. Way too long again. And even though he's as tight as my taps he's got something I like. And that is a never-say-die attitude. Kind of reminds me of my parents. A bit. In some ways. They too detest dealing with health issues, they too think they will live forever. They too see everything as a challenge. They too rib me rotten. He thinks the sun shines out of all his orifices, so does daddy, mum's a bit more humble though.
Anyway we talked on our stools taking the mick out of each other and then I said I was going on account of me having loads to do elsewhere.
He didn't like it. But I rose and put on my black mac anyway, leaving him looking glorious in his big white shirt and beige trousers.
"What time you going to the docs" I asked, hand on the door knob.
"Just after five" Henry sulked
"Ring me if you get in trouble, don't if you don't".
"Alright darling" he laughed
And so I got to the front door and looking back, saw this giant of a man perched on his throne looking like a lost, scared and unloved King.
Wednesday, 25 November 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment