I awaited Henry's promised phone call to tell me when to arrive at the castle but it never came.
So being a somewhat feisty midget I phoned him but got no reply. My blood was up. I therefore telephoned Walter who informed me of his Majesty's state...
The bounder was collapsed in the regal bedroom. Bugger.
Did I let that put me off? Not likely. I slid into Aleks and tootled to the foot of Henry's ramparts.
'Twas true Henry was indeed knackered. With a confused Walter moping around the disaster area aka the kitchen.
After a brief chat with the lodger I tidied up...Yes I did. Can you Adam and Eve it? Saturday night, dressed to kill, rumbling tum and my host lost to the world. And I'll have to dump the empties on Monday.
After a very short while Walter departed, leaving me with two scaredy cats and no dinner. I was not a happy lady.
But even though I was not a happy lady I decided to wait for the kingly presence to become apparent.
Yeah right!
He never showed. What a rotter.
I couldn't bear the humiliation any more so after writing a rather terse note I buggered off. Back to my cat and nightie.
Half way through my televisual surfing the bounder texted. He was contrite and ever so slightly self-pitying. I on the other hand was none of those things. I listened patiently and then said goodnight. After leaving a flea in his shell like.
Today is Sunday, and after the enormous disappointment of last night I feel in no mood to mess with a roast, so it's a chicken curry made by me for me.
Happy days.
Sunday, 8 November 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment