Sunday, 29 November 2009

Ssssh it's Sunday...

I was up early so decided to make the most of it.

Made a Currant Tea Loaf and assembled our chicken lunch whilst watching the very entertaining Keith Floyd on Sky3.
Lunch will be a simple roast chicken with honeyed carrots, peas, sage and onion stuffing and hedgehog potatoes, a spoonful of redcurrant jelly will be stirred into the gravy.
For pud? Not in the mood for a big fat pud so I'll serve the last of the Apple Fingers with some Vanilla Ice Cream.

Also been reading the cookery books I bought the other day.
And as the bird roasted and the bread baked I thought there's nothing more comforting than sitting in the kitchen with a friendly cook book and pot of tea. Oh, and resting your head on Monty's legs. He was strewn across the back of the armchair you see and didn't give a fig when I barged in!

Better sign off now, my timer has pinged!

No comments: