It was crackingly cold when I sipped my tea at 6.
"Crumbs" I thought "What's an old arthritic gal to do?"
"Layer up babe"...Said the voice in my head
So when I manage to drag myself out onto the harsh, merciless streets of olde Ashingdon village I'll resemble a Mille Feuille.
A many-layered sweet thing oozing unctiousness. Which is gorgeous to hold in your hands but is apt to crumble all over the shop if bitten badly. Can be expensive.
By the way the Sausage thing I made last night was fabulous.
A few good Cumberland sausages braised for ever in Oxtail soup, red onions and carrots.
To accompany the Sausage Saxony I cooked some Colcannon and instead of serving straight from the pan, I baked it for a while till a slight tan crust formed. Knockout!
Tonight is Pie night.
More about Pie later...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment