Saturday, 18 April 2009

As I Go Down To The Shops Today


The old 'uns were good company yesterday.
But before I'd even sat down mum told me I looked tired and Dad said I looked thinner. So. I tapped mum's cracked skull with a wet tea spoon and poked dad's flab with a broom handle They loved it.
We yaddered on for a few hours about money, globalisation and breast implants. So no change there. And no change is good. Sometimes. But other times change is needed, infact it's essential...
And now my adult life.
Until last night I had a chum who made insensitivity an art. I'm not going to say what happened as the rain and other fluids poured because this is a happy blog, but this morning I am chumless. And as I buy things in shops down the road, his thoughtless devastating words will accompany me. And I thank him for them because now I can take off the theatrical garb and be me again.

Lisa, my hairdresser, is popping in at tea-time. See pic and you'll see why. I wouldn't usually post a pic where I look less than gorgeous but I like this one because it was taken last Saturday and that day was a good simple day. I think I look kind of fresh. Oh, and food is involved!

7 comments:

NOF said...

All the people who read this blog Gloria, they are still your chums!!!

Gloria Horsehound said...

Thanks Nof. And thanks to the Duchess for her funny, ballsy, honest comments. Also a generous thank you to the man up t'north for reading all my stuff, what a reliable friend he is. Also a big warm thank you to the many people who read me every day but who don't comment.
The Queen bows...

Anonymous said...

Hey chum :) Love that word.....over here it is used mainly to describe chopped up fish guts for bait. Hence, "Throw some chum overboard." Yes, I am a fisherman! Love fresh fish, especially the ones from our Great Lakes.

I'm sorry if you had a friendship that broke up. Friends come and go but but they have been in our lives for a reason.

I think you look stunning. Oh and please quit assaulting the old ones...they are quite fragile. Hahahaha.

Just got up and had a good time with the Duke ;) now to tend to a garden, take a road trip and take 2 boys shopping for new clothes since they start a new school on Monday. The dress code there is stricter so new jeans are needed.

I'm orf!

D

Gloria Horsehound said...

Fish guts! And that is why I adore the Duchess...
I just did a spot of gardening, and by that I mean I swept up a bit, did a bit of pruning and created a snail sanctuary behind a plant pot!
Good luck with buying clothes for boys! Rather you than me sweetie!
Oh and I'm glad that you and the Duke had gozonkie time. Don't ask 'cos I'm not telling.

Your greenfingered Queen (but only for an hour)

Gloria Horsehound said...

Hey Duch I've just started recording this weeks A.I. I thought it was DISCO week. Ryan Seacucumber said that this week it was songs from the movies! What's happening here? I haven't missed a show so what's happening?
Help a Brit:(

Anonymous said...

NO! You are a week behind. Movie week, well I won't spoil it for you :) Over here on Tuesday they will be performing DISCO SONGS!! I can hardly wait. When Saturday night fever came out, I was too young to get into the movie theater to see it, so my MOM took all us kids. GAH, I was so embarassed when the sex scenes came on.

My old muscles are sore today. I don't know if it's from the Duke or all the yard work I did yesterday. ;)

Bacon wrapped pork in the oven, fried taters on the stove and some beans are steaming.

Talk to you soon, My Queen!

Derelict Duchess

Gloria Horsehound said...

Will see Adam do disco at the weekend...

Drooling over the pork and taters...

And it IS all the Duke's fault...

Your envious Queen;)