
Hair was cut Saturday tea time by the droning Lisa followed by two plates of Nasi Goreng and Britain's Got Talent.
The Nasi was superb likewise the very English show...There was a boy on there called Shaheen he was 12 years old and as he got into 'Valerie' Simon Cowell stopped him. 'Got another song you can sing?' he asked. The kid nodded and named some Michael Jackson song. The backing tape began, he started to sing. Screeches and screams from the audience. Teary mumsy looks from Miss Holden and triumphant grins from Mr Cowell. Me? I fell in love immediately of course. 'My God' I thought 'How on earth can a child with tender lungs, little clean winkle and a heart intact sing with the heart of a man? Beats me. But as the dark haired nipper with the sad knowing eyes gave us the big money note, I wondered where he was heading. Straight into cash filled arms of Simon I expect.
It was a good show and one which reminded me of old time British variety shows. Lots of medicre acts, glowing-in-the-dark outfits, squawking shining girls and a few top notch warblers. The only thing the show doesn't have is a Norman Wisdom, Bruce Forsyth or my favourite, Mr Jimmy Tarbuck. What it does have however are Anthony and Declan a.k.a Ant and Dec. They lark about in the wings like a couple of multi-millionaire schoolboys offering shoulders to Cowell whacked performers and smiling hugs to the successful. They're relaxed, slightly childish and bounce off each other rather like Morcambe and Wise did, but they're not Eric and Ernie and never will be, but for bonkers Britain's Got Talent they're ideal!
Yesterday was Sunday and I know that for three reasons.
1. I had a jammy bagel for breakfast.
2. I had a roast.
3. We watched American Idol.
Might as well give you a run down of what happened. Adam Lambert was outstanding. That's it. Although Danny Gokey had me slobbering over the screen, 16 year old Allison was good and Lil was better than last week but I'm still worried about her, I thought she had balls. The others? So so...
So the weekend was a mixture or a couple of little highs, a few hellish craters and a the consumption of a tube of Salt and Vinegar Pringles.
My hair looks great by the way.
2 comments:
Britain's Got Talent is fast becoming a favorite show of mine. The show was highlighted this morning on Good Morning America. That little Shaheen has a set of pipes on him. Susan now has some competition.
I used to love the variety shows. Flip Wilson, Smothers Brothers, Carol Burnett, and yes, Sonny and Cher. It was a wonderful avenue for aspiring talent.
I had a good weekend. Took the young men shopping and bought myself some wax tarts in some weird scents. I burning one now called Sand and Sun. I don't feel like I'm at the beach so it isn't working for me.
Rainy and Monday here. What a combination. My daffs are up and alive. Thought I lost them with that last snow we had. My garden gnome needs a new coat of paint....he's peeling something awful. I'm thinking footie practice will be cancelled due to the conditions of the fields. Underwater isn't good.
My young men are starting a new school today with their new clothes. They were very nervous, but they will be fine. It is about 1/2 the size of their former school so they should make friends easily.
I've clogged your blog long enough...I need to go to work :(
Have a wonderful day, My Queen. Maybe I'll peek in later to see if you are on.
D
So you're watching B.G.T and I'm watching A.I. Feels kind of comfy knowing we're both seeing the same shows.
The weather here has been glorious today, sunny and warmish, according to the weathermen tomorrow looks like being warmer, temps hitting 70 degrees. So I think I'll leave the car and cycle to work!
Had a stroll around the garden just now, nipped a bit of bush and looked at the pigeons, I didn't know I could be so poetical!My gnome Jessamy is wearing well unlike your little fella, when you said "he's peeling something awful" I laughed out loud! Thanks for the chuckle.
So the young Dukes have changed schools. You'll have to explain that to me. Over here kids go to two schools 1. From 5 years old to 11 then from 11 to 16. After that they either go to college or work! How's it work over there?
And you could never clog my blog, write as much as you want. You're always worth reading:)
Queenie
Post a Comment