
A notice in my local post office was asking the good folk of Ashingdon if they'd like to send some sweets and books to the men and women currently serving in Afghanistan. So seeing as I like sweets, soldiers and doing the occasional good turn, I cleared the shelves of the local sweetie shop and boxed up a load of Murray Mints, Starbursts and Werther's Originals. Unfortunately I wasn't allowed to send cake, otherwise I would! What I did slip in though was a note:) I will not divulge the content of the aforementioned note on account of it being about tea and sex. And I wouldn't want my readers to think I'm obsessed with either. What I am obsessed with however are sweeties.
Now humdrum stuff.
Providing the weight of the parcel didn't exceed 2kg/4.4lbs it wouldn't cost anything to send. So John and I picked the shelves of Mr Naseem's corner shop clean:) The man behind all this is a vicar who goes by the name of Peter, and along with the confectionery he's also asked for books...Anything but Mills and Boon. I like him already! In future I will no doubt be scouring the shelves of my local charity shop looking for paperbacks which I feel military types might get a kick out of. No romance of course, just grown up stuff about history and battles. But hold on a min, what about the women who are serving Aunty Betty, I bet they'd like to read a sloppy tale about decent looking blonde birds falling for rascals in leathers who torture them with their searing brown eyes whilst offering them nothing but fantastic hearth rug sex in a Swiss chalet. Nasty. But essential.
Anyway today I'll be sending a sweetie box to a far away place hoping the sweets and my note hit the spot. The above picture shows a selection of the wrapped confectionery that I am sending.
God Save The Queen.
2 comments:
You should be commended for being such a giving person. We send alot of personal items such as baby wipes (on account of there being no showers and alot of sand), deodorant, toothpaste, etc. But don't ever count out the cookies and candies! I'll be the ladies would love a lipstick! You can still be pretty in fatigues. :) Just getting a card or a note from someone thanking them for their service means a great deal. They are making such a sacrifice (sometimes the ultimate sacrifice)to ensure our freedoms.
Now humdrum stuff on my end:
It is still snowing!!! My poor dafs are probably shaking in their little yellow pods waiting for the warm sun so they can explode their lovliness.
The kids are off school for spring break.....GAH!! I wish we had year-round schooling....or even free boarding schools.....now there's an idea.
On the American menu:
Fried chicken and mashed potatoes and corn from my garden last summer and then I'll watch this certain singing contest. Want to come by for supper? Could you imagine what trouble we would wreak if we lived in the same country? I wish........
Work duties are calling...Have a great day, my Queen!
Duchy
Thanks Duch.
What a great idea sending 'personal'items. I don't know how I'd go about that, might check it out.
Weatherwise our weather can't make its mind up. It's sunny on one side of the road and freezing on the next! Ok bit over the top but we really don't have two days the same. Our kids are on their spring break too, the roads this morning were emptyish...You want the kids to be at school permanently and I want them off permanently! What's the solution?
On the menu tonight not a lot, John is working so I'll be grazing on crisps!
And Yes I can imagine what it would be like if we were neighbours, never a dull moment that's for sure...
Your chatterbox Queen
Post a Comment