Wednesday, 29 April 2009

I'm happy with contentment

Glo glows. But not with happiness, with contentment. There's a difference. I left work today feeling rather chuffed at what I'd achieved. Made a start on the my master's music room, re-arranged various front room knick-knacks in a more flamboyant, artistic manner and didn't get in a flap over the ironing. A job well done methinks.

And as I strode out to the motor with my shirt hanging out my jeans, my neck ached, but my mind didn't, and that's all I care about. My brain. The rest can go to pot, fall to pieces and go to hell, just as long as my mind is serene, I'm happy!
And that beggars the questions
What is happiness?
What is contentment?
I think a post is on it's way. I'll try not to do another long list. I said I'll TRY..
So, as my other master is on the long night shift, I'll just peck away at chips and ketchup and then, probably just after nine, rub cream into the craters under my eyes and fall asleep. Content.

3 comments:

NOF said...

Well done Gloria - your contentment comes through in your words today. .
Happiness is whatever makes you happy of course!!!

Gloria Horsehound said...

Many thanks oh great Nof. You're quite right happiness is whatever makes you happy.
I've just had chips, I'm happy.

Anonymous said...

Glo, you had "chips" with ketchup. Blech.....

I'm going to do a list before you, so there:

Happiness is.....

Being with friends either in person or virtually and laughing. Out loud.

Seeing one you love achieve.

Watching your cat/dog/pet look back at you with total affection.

A computer so I can "talk" to my Queen.

Contentment is.......

Warm brownies out of the oven.

Flannel jammies.

Roast and family on Sunday.

Coffee in the morning and tea in the evening.

A job well done.

Cuddles

Ok, your turn :)