Tuesday, 14 April 2009

Legs

A gorgeous Easter was had by Mrs Horsehound.
What did I do? Not a lot. Most of the time John and I talked about me and my new found riches. I haven't found a toy boy or an old boy what I have found however is some new vigour, some pizazz, some ooomph. And I like all three. I suppose as one gets on a bit, one needs to be yanked by the hair or some other part of the anatomy in order to be woken up. I've been yanked. And I like it. But my legs ache.
Work is playing a big part in my new found lust for life and for a lazy tripe hound like me that's an amazing statement to make. My two jobs are keeping me busy, hardly have the time to blog, hardly have the time to shop. And when Mrs Horsehound stops buying bric-a-brac there must be something mightily huge happening. Yesterday was hectic, my job with Ray had me busy for three hours and after being shocked and stunned by his hairy I'm-doing-the-mowing-in-shorts legs I left him a mug of Spiderman tea. I crawled home.

Home.
To gnaw on the remnants of a half leg of lamb and crunch on some Digestives. Then fun stuff with a chum. Then more work, this time arranging oven chips on a tin tray for supper. Told you I was busy. After all that I was beat. But I had one more thing to do. And that was to polish a piece of prose I'm writing for St Georges Day. This prose may or may not be suitable for the grand occasion I'm attending on the 23rd April. I'm hoping it is. At any rate I'll post it here on this fine blog along with a great poem written by John. That man continues to surprise me. Me Mrs Mop he Philip Larkin! Life is weird...
Today I'm off to my other employer. Man number 2. A fine man with a highly charged sense of humour and a dodgy leg. I must get home at a decent time though on account of me making an exotic Toad-in-the-Hole.

No comments: