It's turning out to be a funny Tuesday.
Firstly I wasn't the least bit interested in Tory boy Michael Gove wittering on about fairness and equality....And how he was adopted and given the best education despite his mother working as a jewellers assistant and his dad being something in fish. You were lucky Gove. That's all.
Yawn.
I was however interested in a couple of the speakers. Both black, one English, the other American both barking out optimistic rhetoric regarding black youth. Catch them young was the main cry, get them keen er...by chucking them out of school for being disruptive. And don't allow them back in so they fast become heroes to other kids.
And the preaching went on amidst intermittent claps and hoorahs from the sleepy audience, camera honing in on one drowsy man. Lovely.
Then came Theresa May sticking up for police officers and sticking it to the loonies who diminish small crimes with the wimpish tag called an ASBO. All crime is bad. Whether it's rowdy behaviour on Saturday night or someone having their windows kicked in or an artist in council residence colouring the walls of his block of flats. All is crime according to Miss May. And she got a big round of applause for that...
Secondly I denied Graham access to my bungalow, texts asking if he could pop in to chat about my borders were swiftly dealt with. "No can do today Gray" I said. "Oh alright" he said. "Maybe tomorrow eh?"
Oh God...
Later...
Whilst lounging in a cesspit of self-absorption I thought about what skills I had for the work environment.
Came up with one. People like me.
Ideas:
TV presenter.
Cleaner.
Cooking today:
Nothing, Mr H is on lates.
Tuesday, 5 October 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment