Spent the whole morning in a hat...
Digging over my patch.
in readiness for a little apple tree.
And the more I forked and bashed and bent and perspired the better and more self-sufficient I felt...Self- sufficient in apples? Yes in around 2015:)
Good thing I'm blessed with patience...
All the little bits of knowledge and wisdom I've accrued over the past 15 years are finally coming to fruition (sorry)
I now know a little more about gardening, thanks to mishaps, chats and having a go. But my wisdom though, has come at an awful great price! Managing to avoid work outside has really got me nowhere, all I see when I take a stroll to the bins are a load of missed opportunities. But something has lit a fire under my England cap and I'm now all ablaze.
But hold on a tick....Maybe I'm being a little hard on myself, I haven't always been a lady-at-home- sort, sitting watching thrillers while painting my awful nails blood red, I have occasionally braved the great outdoors, planting loads and loads of shrubs and things of that ilk, but, and this is the sad part, I never see it through...I think that by planting a £2:99 bush that's it the gardening is done. I conveniently forget that weeds need killing and pruning shears are named for a reason.
But what I can't castigate myself over is my love of Gnomes.
Even when decapitated my love refuses to die, so stuck on a branch the bloodless skulls hang:)
I'm beginning to think that all this hoo hah with gentle giant Graham and my absolute insistence on winning 'Garden of the Year', I'm becoming quite fond of the dirty outdoors.
Have planted loads of bulbs of all colours so.... come Spring, my small back garden and my large front will look like a tin of coloured crayons are rolling rolling by.
Cooking tonight:
Chilli Con Carne
Rice
A bowl of Tortilla chips to dip into the Chilli.
:)
Friday, 22 October 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment