Sunday, 24 October 2010

I've Got It Bad...




As the beef roasted I dug...
On my knees with trowel in hand I put to bed 25 tulips....and Loved it!
I'm really getting hooked on gardening and will, come tomorrow, attack with all my might, the out of control Rosemary by the front door. She's been a real bitch.

There is something saintly and therapeutic about tending the soil, disturbing worms and working up a sweat, my only hope is that I have enough money to keep planting and enough 'give' in my joints to keep it up.

You know how it is, you discover something which helps put the zingo back ito your life and so will fight like the clappers to hold onto it. And I will indeed fight like the clappers to hold onto my new pals. Worms. Halved or whole makes no difference to me.

Am so looking forward to the apple tree arriving that I've dug its home already, will follow the instructions, probably moving my lips as I read, then possibly with help from Graham, if he can stop talking for a mo, re-home my new baby in wet earth by the shorn Conifer. Hope we get along, me and the tree, I know one thing and that is that I'll be the Mother of all Mothers, out there if a sudden squally shower falls, out there checking to see if it's still standing and out there watching for signs of rampant adolescence, this tender wiry thing, if I have anything to do with it, will grow into adulthood producing from its sexual organs apples of the sweetest nature.

As I write this my heart is giving me what for, could be excitement over the imminent arrival of a newcomer or the beef or the inch of Chardonnay.



Pics above are reminders of what's important.
Rainbows
Pizzas
Left over Chilli and 10p noodles

Now I must dance to the beef's tune.....

No comments: