So glorious in fact that I felt compelled to visit the charity shop wherein I bought a snazzy pair of trews, even snazzier waistcoat and large pink petal shaped sweetie dish.
I could be on the turn.
Later on I illegally parked so I could buy a quick stamp then snailed my way home to a phone call from the gardener. He, that's Gray, will come sometime this week to do something to something . Either out back or on my front.
Well. I can't wait. I'll drop everything I'm sure.
After a jammy sandwich and black coffee I made a chicken pie whilst watching 'The Dead Zone'. I love Christopher Walken's portrayal of tender rage-ridden Johnny.
He of course saves the world from maniacal Greg Stilson so perfectly played by Martin Sheen. What happiness comes from watching two great actors mouthing a beautifully simple script in stunning surroundings. The snow in this film adds a real chill.
I heard from my American BFF today. She was over the moon about loving. Her words, never rambling or messy, sang out like the dawn chorus.
Love makes sopranos of us all.
Monday, 11 October 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wow the Dead Zone is one of my favorite Stephen King books and the Christopher Walken movie is excellent - highly underrated. Have you ever seen the Stand?
Jerry from the West Coast
Haven't seen The Stand, but I'll check it on IMDB.
I think The Dead Zone is a sad film in so many ways, one scene in particular always touches me. AFter many years Johnny's 'girlfriend' visits him in the clinic and he remarks on her hair, the pain in his face is almost too much to bear.
Post a Comment