Feeling zonked on account of another set-to with my old mum. Oh deary me what have I done to incur the unwarranted wrath from the former Miss Lovely Legs.
Started 8 ish when Mr H and me good self were mooching around the kitchen getting breakfasts.
"Ang..." Door flings open
"Oh I should have known"
"Should have known what?" I asked in all innocence
"Leave it just leave it" the sick thing shouted
So I did and so for the rest of the day we've barely said two words to each other.
Hostilities were kind of halted when McMillan nurse turned up with very young male student nurse creeping in her wake.
I like Claire a lot, and Sam the boy was ok too, tall, thin, pale faced with long mousey hair and wide grey eyes, what a caring cutie... Mother however thought differently.
After a brief nurse-to-patient chat I asked Claire if she'd help me with a form. She obliged knowing damn well I was lying.
Claire stood by the sink, I by the cooker and we talked about how bloody awful this all is.
I wanted to talk and talk but knowing how pressed for time she is I poured into her ears only the very stuff which was giving me real anxiety.
She was supremely supportive, encouraging me to care for number 1...
We then chatted merrily about form filling as we approached the front room, God it's hard keeping up appearances.
She left with Sam who, for all his twenty years, had the making of a good nurse, I could tell, if he could sit with mother for twenty minutes and not run out, he'll do just fine...
Sorry ma but I'm all wrung out. I care about your present and future but you must consider my feelings at least at breakfast.
Ok, moan over....
I've made a beef casserole and rice puding for our tea tonight, probably dine roundabout 7, my doc appt shouldn't take more than ten mins. Us women, an intolerable mix of hormones and fears.
I will though, with the aid of a good friend, hopefully, rest easy tonight.
:)
Monday, 16 July 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment