Tuesday, 24 July 2012

I'll smile.

Hospital appt. went to plan.
In and out.

Market and charity shops... a mere mirage to a warm, fragile mum but she kept going...accepting the offer of a bag of peaches and sausage roll.

It was pointless pushing her around for much longer I could see she wasn't quite with-it so I suggested a trip to a car park...

Within ten minutes or so I was ordering 2 regular hamburgers, 2 regular fries, one coke and one McFlurry (guilty)

And so there we say in the searing heat in McDonalds car park. We liked it.
Doors open, napkins spread upon our laps, good food and strangely serene.

Home to tea......... then flaked out on the settee and bed like a pair of washed out old mackerel.

4 comments:

Terry said...

All that food at McDonalds followed by tea at home. Added to which it was very hot in the sun. No wonder you two flopped out!

Gloria Horsehound said...

Yes thank you Terry that's quite enough from you.

The Hairy Suit said...

Sounds idilic, I especially like the flaking out bit, must be bliss.

Gloria Horsehound said...

Yes it was blissful.You should try it...in fact you MUST try it:)