Mr H and and moi took mother to Sainsburys where she loaded her basket with books drink and oaty fancies. I, on the other hand buying only necessities...Ice cream, jam, bleach
Then a slow leisurely drive back to the charity chop in Headingham Place where a delighted Joan commented on my hair.
"It's flicking up now" She gigged
"It's flicking gorgeous" I goofed
From then on we bantered mercilessly.
Her following me from rail to rail offering fashion advice for the smaller lady (that being me) and finally throwing up her hands in uproarinessness when I flung three frocks to the ground saying
"These Mine!"
I adore Joan she's the kind of wacko mum I'd like to have had if....I hadn't filled the womb of my very own little Lilly.
Who by the way has been very honest and open with me today. Our chat over tea and pies about an hour ago refreshed us, making mincemeat out of the yesterday's devillment. We both knew at the end of play last night that something had to be done, the air cleared and a new beginning sought. Today we began again...
Anyway back to today and the charity shop larks....I smashed my purse down on the counter, paid up, kissy kissy with Joan then huddled a very shaky wheelchairless mum out into the sunshine and into the car.
Home to tennis and pie and mash.
I'll be kitchen side very soon...making some kind of cake and a casserole of Chicken Provencale.
Good Things To Look Forward To:
Maudlin Murray v. Barmy Tsonga (tomorrow)
Bakewell Tarts
Friday in general
:)
Thursday, 5 July 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Great to hear you and mum cleared the air as you are so close and heartache so heavy.
Post a Comment