Saturday, 28 July 2012

The Queen was cool...

The opening ceremony was fantastic, loved every moment, my fav bits being when the Queen turned around and spoke to 'James Bond' aka Daniel Craig. I expect every one from everywhere in the world expected the tiny silver haired pink frocked lady to be a lookalike. But no! Twas her Maj herself. And as she and James walked towards the helicopter I suddenly fell in love with all things Royal.
Oh my jittery thumbsticks, middle age is definitely setting in. Dear.

Anyway the show was a tremendous hoot so hats and gloves orf to Danny Boyle for making me feel pumped up, girlish and patriotic.

Other Bits I Loved:

Kenny Brannagh as Isambard Kingdom Brunel
The NHS bit... simply stunning with glow in the dark bedding
Sheep

I don't usually dig opening ceremonies but last night's showed the quirkiness, inventiveness and brilliance of team GB....
We really are the best...:)


Today:
What about today.
While Mr H and mother slept (not together) I dawdled to the co-op and chemist then after much exchanging of monies I dawdled back soaking up the sunlight and thinking of a life of my own.
One day, and that day may never come, but one day, I'd like space for clothes, ideas and people.


I'm making Chicken Madras for tea. And to go with it...... warm pittas spread with garlic and chive butter stuffed with chilled cucumber, cherry tomatoes and minty yoghurt. (homegrown mint)
A plum and mango chutney will be nice dropped in generous spoonfuls alongside the succulent chicken meat and tender onions. Rice? Of course, probably plain.
For mum....Fish chips marrowfat peas and a couple of marble sized pickled onions.
Vanilla Ice cream and peaches will make the ideal finisher for all concerned.

Made a corker of an Orange Syrup cake the other day... so moist it's like having actual orange segments in one's mouth.


1 comment:

Terry said...

Your culinary skills are a delight to read. Bet the orange syrup cake does not last 5 minutes!