Friday, 27 July 2012

Gloria's Golden Loaf

Baked last night.
One of my finest.
No massive overhangings or irregularities.
Just a decently fine looking specimen.

Hoping today's bakey efforts turn out as good.
Depending on...Mum's moods, I hope to spend as much time kitchenside as possible.
And so after McMillan nurse leaves I'll set about turning out EITHER an Orange Syrup cake or Chocolate Fudge cake. Both cakes of excellence. Both ideal for long lastingness. Can also be served up as pudding with ice cream or regular cream, either way a portion does the heart good.

Things I've Heard:

James Naughtie speaking in velvetty tones about the Olymics, he's there in East London and for a moment, as he lilted soothingly along, I envisaged the Scot wearing a frilly shirt and smelling of lavender, don't know why, but I did. His normal grated carrot voice had been replaced by a bowl of Channel Island cream.
I was hooked. Good journalism, excellent radio. I WILL watch the Olympics after all.

Boris Johnson. Last night. Standing up high looking down onto a packed Hyde Park enthusing Barack Obama style about how we, the Brits, CAN do it. I wonder what Mr Mitt Romney thought. Crazy Englishman probably.
But we astute followers of politics know for a sort of fact that Bo has his eyes on the big job. And I think it'd be a hoot if we had BJ as PM.
:)

Dame Ann Leslie reliving her time as a junior journo interviewing Marilyn Monroe's psychiatrist. According to Ms Leslie, who I like and admire very much, Marilyn wasn't dumb just a damn fine actress and bleach head who gave directors headaches and Clark Gable a heart attack.


By the way the cat letter - holder in the pic is new...bought yesterday from Joan, who, in between ribbing me and bagging my goodies introduced me to the Reverend's Son. (Hawkwell Baptist Church is where it all happens)
He is wooden and will have, instead of letters rammed between his shoulders, toast.
The Son however just popped in for fancy dress attire.

Now I must fly:)



2 comments:

The Hairy Suit said...

What a beauty, and the loaf and wooden cat ain't bad either he he

Gloria Horsehound said...

Thank you :)