Now a post on what I do best...COOK!
Er......
Found a recipe for a Lemon Custard Cake. Yums. My three most favourite things on earth. So.... will have a bash at making it. Weekend probably.
I found the recipe in one of my 'newest' recipe books, 'The Farmhouse Kitchen' a veritable heaven of olde farmer's wives receipts.... no...... I haven't made an error, receipt was a word used long times ago for what we now call recipe.....And I think it has a solid burnt timbered kind of feel to it:) What do you think?
I like it.
Well in this receipt a lemon custard is concocted, left to cool, and while its cooling one makes the cake. And a queer sounding thing it is too. More of a scone than a proper legitimate cake, you know what I mean one which springs back when prodded with a sticky digit.
Bake the first layer, cool, top with custard then top with rest of cake. I'll need an 8in loose bottomed tin I do have one, but finding it might prove fatal.
My dresser being dangerously overloaded.
Cooking. I love it.
Talking of loving it.
I'm roasting a small pork joint for tonight, will make some apple sauce of course and probably do a carrot or two too.
Pudding will be whatever I think of in the next 30 minutes!
Quickie Love List:
Queen of Puddings. Nursery food for grown ups
Trifle. English only. Italian trifles have no place in my list
Sticky Toffee Pudding. Shop or home made
Jam Roly Poly. Stupid
Custard. Real with eggs.
Lemon Meringue Pie. Squelch tart and sugar high
Chocolate Pudding. Loads
Sultana Pudding. Delicately spiced
Custard. Birds. I'm not afraid of the Purist Police.
An Intruder. Tiramisu. Pub ones especially.
Lemon Puddle. Goo
Bread and Butter Pudding with fruits completely submerged on account of disliking burnt currants
Custard. Tinned. Cold eaten with a shared spoon.
Syrup Sponge and custard
Tinned mandarins and evaporated milk
Ice Cream. Home made. Mary Berry Mango sublime
Bananas with hot chocolate fudge sauce.
Old cake and custard
Now I must fly
Thursday, 12 July 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Reading your quick love list made me very hungry. I will be round as soon as you finished baking - you will need someone to independantly taste for you!
My dear Terry I didn't know you had a sweet tooth, thought your only love was a soggy carrot.
Bless your heart darling!
Thanks Nof... glad I could be of assistance to Mrs Nof!
Gloria...... Cookette Supreme!
Post a Comment