Tuesday, 10 July 2012

Our dinner was warm and tender. Succulent meat, soothing veggies and a sweet and gooey rice pud.
And by jolly jingo I needed something warm inside me after the latest lambasting from Mother.
How the woman hurt me.

But I suppose when one's life is ebbing away one loses all sense of decorum and loveliness. She hurt me one hell of a lot.
So I took my leave and spent time on the phone and in another place.

Time heals.
I know that because when I took her tray in a little while ago she tapped my forehead asking if I was alright.
I of course told a porkie.
How could I possibly sit on her bed saying how much she'd burnt my silly soul by saying I was "so greedy".
This in reference to the Attendance Allowance forms which arrived today whilst I was wheeling her around Southend Hospital.
I hadn't asked for them, they were delivered on the advice of the McMillan nurse.
But through mum's eyes I was being greedy for money.
I swore at her and those swear words clumped and thumped around and in my throat that by the time I'd squelched around in the dull and silent garden I thought I'd drop dead by the clematis so overwrought and brittle I'd become.
I didn't die by the way, this is no ghost bashing out these words, it's me Gloria, all sweet flesh and rose red blood.
And at any rate I have people and a life and things to look forward to. Sticks and Stones.....

I'm out and about tomorrow come thunder or heatwave.
Come vitriolic attack or motherly kiss...

Goodnight All.

2 comments:

Terry said...

You are solid as a brick. Whatever is thrown at you you with stand it all. Not many people could be as strong as you

Gloria Horsehound said...

Thanks Terry.

You could be right.
And thanks for giving me a lift at the start of the day.


And you know about being strong don't you? 'D' for example.