Monday, 8 September 2008

Another Monday ! Another Soup!

God, it's 'still' out there.

My road is like a film set and I feel I am the only actor on it...
Nothing and I mean nothing is stirring, not even a carrier bag or sweet wrapper is floating by, there are no elderly people shuffling along or buggy pushing mums pulling toddlers in their wake. There are no people.
Even the unkempt bushes at number 98 are motionless. It's all a bit eerie. But eerie can be soothing I suppose. And I need soothing because I've just returned from an unproductive walk to my local charity shop. It was unproductive on account of it being closed, and will remain closed until the 15th, so no frocks and bric-a-brac for a while.

But let's not harp on about today let me harp on about the weekend.

The weekend was good.
It consisted of listening in amazement to the the dire football match on Saturday night, it was dire due to the fact that the England team struggled to blast plucky annoying Andorra into outer space.
And me? Well I'm still recovering but not altogether unsurprised. I think the England team need a kick up the arse.

Had a nice piece of Pork and a trifle on Sunday.
Had a trifle because I haven't had a trifle for a little while and I think trifles are funny, well my trifles are, because they wobble and anything that wobbles is funny. Trifles are a British invention and I think we have the Victorians to thank for this most silly of puds, anyway whoever invented it, I'm very glad they did.

And so after giggling my way through some over cooked Pork and two plates of trifle, I had another glass of Port and a lie down because I think a lie down is essential on a Sunday!
Pork, Port, Trifle or not!

Today's lunch was Leek and Potato soup followed by Corned Beef and pickle followed by the last sagging bits of Sunday's trifle. (I always make enough soup, casserole, trifle or cake to last two days, this domestic cunning stems from my austere up-bringing, and not because I'm a unskilled housewife!)


Now a fresh pot of tea! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gloria,
You can't beat a good fruity trifle
Yum yum!

Gloria Horsehound said...

Thanks Clayton and you're very right.
Beats a yoghurt any day of the week!