Thursday, 25 September 2008

Brown Bear

The sun is out and brilliant and Monty is eating Duck biscuits, not a bad start to Thursday.
The Labour conference has finished and the Conservatives have their say next week in beautiful Bournemouth.
The sun is making the paintwork outside look grim and need of some refreshment, but that'll have to wait until Spring.
Because I only have eyes for Autumn, which is like a lumbering brown bear thudding determinedly all over the green.
Poetry before nine? That's a first.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Helloooo!!! I see you've not had any comments on the last few posts, so I'm going to leave you one.

We've had unseasonably warm weather here for fall. I need to being wearing a sleeveless shirt and shorts today. It's almost 80 degrees! (For your local readers, I'm sorry I don't remember how to convert farenheit to celcius) The leaves are starting to turn colors and people are putting up fall decorations such as pumpkins and scarecrows. The halloween candy is abundant in the stores....More Harrison Ford M&M's???? Too bad David Beckham doesn't come in chocolate. That's all I'd eat. ;)

Politics are coming to a crescendo over here. I can't wait for the election to be over so they quit airing all the negative ads on tv. Believe me, the media is playing this up all the way. Someone finds some little morsel of information and before you know it, it's snowballed into something completely different.

For lunch I splurged and had a Big Mac with french fries and an iced tea. Now my pants are too tight. I'll have to work it off later.

I met another Brit last night! You remember the soccer (football) coach, right? Well his sister is over here for one week to spend time with him. I took one look at her and said, "You must be Stevie's sister." She said, "I know, I look just like him." I said, "Well, you do, but the accent gives you away." Hahahaha! Lovely young lady. We talked of FOOD!! As it turns out, she's a vegetarian! She had a nice story about bubble and squeak. She looked forward to Boxing Day so much because her Dad would do the cooking and make this dish every year. I just love Brits. {{{}}} Big hugs to you all!

I just read what I've written so far and it sounds as if I've been drinking. I'll tell you, that's not the case. I'm just in a good, good mood today.

Hope it spills on over to you, my Queen. But now work calls and I must make some phone calls.

Give my best to Monty!

Your giddy Duch

Gloria Horsehound said...

I love you even more when you're in a good good mood! If that's possible!
Great feeling isn't it?

I also like the idea of you being in the company of Brits, a finer race of people you'll ever meet, but I'm getting a bit jealous of all these jolly Brits enjoying the company of my favourite gal:( You're MY yank remember:)

And what's all this about Big Mac and Fries for a healthy lunch! I haven't had one for ages, I've got to visit McDonalds very soon. If you came here I'd cook you something really traditional, but nothing containing KIDNEYS or SUET I PROMISE!!!
I'd have to make you something with sausages I think, and for 'afters' a nice fruity creamy trifle.

I have to say I'm fascinated by your election and I can't wait until November. You've got an interesting choice if you don't mind me saying. I can't remember a stranger or more interesting election. Our elections are, by contrast, quite tame affairs. We just don't have the same razzamataz as you guys.
Next week it's the turn of the Conservative party (republicans) to drone on about how only they can save the country from economic meltdown...Yeah yeah yeah.

I've sent you the recipe for Spotted Dick any probs, you know where I am.

Thanks for the HUGS and now I'm giving you a big HUG.Can you feel it?
Isn't it smashing when life goes good?

Your dizzy Queen

P.S Monty says CHEERS!