Saturday, 6 September 2008

We Hope....


England v Andorra
World Cup Qualifier

Barcelona

Radio 5 Live 19:00

We must win.
Not only to put us in a good position for next weeks match against Croatia but to give us hope that we can go further than the first few rounds, therefore not suffering the humiliation of being knocked out like we were in Euro 2008.

And another thing.... We can't allow ourselves the 'luxury' of just scraping through with a draw either, we need to show the Spaniards and the rest of the world that England is still a force to be reckoned with.
But more importantly we have to prove to ourselves that we're still Players on the world stage. Anything less won't do. If we don't or can't give our all by thrashing Andorra then what hope is there against Croatia on Wednesday.
I seem to remember they knocked us about a bit by out-playing us in Euro 2008.
England can't suffer another blow like that and I know I certainly can't.

Mr Capello will no doubt be sweating buckets in his designer suit but not half as much as I and millions of other fans will be in our over-priced England shirts.
We deserve better.

On a lighter note.
Yesterday in London, I bought a sparkly golden handbag and a sparkly green dish.
It's my age.
I then stayed up till ten eating cappuccino cheesecake.
I felt reckless.

So when I can drag myself away from this wretched computer I'll do something about the plant pots on my doorstep. They so need something doing to them. I've then got indoor things to attend to but the indoor things will be competing with football because my head and heart will be in Barcelona.
On the menu today: Homemade Burgers and Chips. Hold the salad.

Good luck my beloved England team, do something wonderful for us.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck to England, My Queen! I'll be watching the little Duchess play some footie today! Burgers and chips sound good. Are you grilling or frying? I think I'll grill some bratwurst tonight with some cole slaw. Mmmm, I'm getting hungry already.

Your D

Gloria Horsehound said...

Thank you Duchess.
It's frying all round tonight.
Frying the burgers on a griddle pan and frying the chips (fries) in a er....big old frying pan!
Nothing like it!

Will dip the chips in Mayo and have tomato ketchup, cheese and onions on the burgers. Like you I'm feeling hungry already.

I checked the little Duchesettes pictures and my oh my doesn't she look like her Mom!

Your Queen

Anonymous said...

Glad you saw the pictures! Everyone calls her "Mini-Me". She actually favors her Dad in some ways, too.

I'll post you back to let you know who won the game.

D

Anonymous said...

We can't for the game to start Glo and I'll be thinking about you when the final whistle blows.
I hope your burgers go down a treat too!
Come on England!!!

Anonymous said...

So who won?

Duchess

Gloria Horsehound said...

We did! 2-0

Now we face mighty Croatia. I just can't wait:(
Now I have a Port and watch a film.

Your quivering old Queen
x