It doesn't look too bad out there so methinks I'll STAY INDOORS!
As much as I love the currant bun these brilliantly bright Autumnal days are sending me a bit bonkers in the nut. I mean what is a girl TO WEAR?
Do I go floaty skirted to the butchers or do the man thing and stride down to sweet shop in violent jeans? I just don't know.
What I do know however is that it's the WEEKEND and that means one thing, well two things actually, The 'X' Factor and a roast dinner! But not on the same day.
On the ultimate reality tv show the lads and lasses go to boot camp this week and that's where the real 'work' begins and the mighty waterfalls of tears from wannabees dampen stocky Mr Cowell's too tight t-shirt. This is not telly at it's best BUT it is telly at it's campest and I love camp!.
So....after my burgers'n'chips I'll sit excitedly on the very edge of the settee crying, laughing and shouting sweetly at the screen. And as much as I need the thrill and furore of a tea time telly show I also know that it's dangerous, because I'm too old to be aflamed and in a flurry. A woman like me should be coddled in a blanket weeping delicately into my Jane Austen.
Now roasts.
Leg of Pork with a jug apple sauce, zesty carrots and sweet potatoes is on the menu for tomorrow, followed by a 'D' cup syrup pudding falling out off the dish. For afters. (see pic top right)
For supper? What do you think? Porky walky sandwiches of course swallowed slowly down with a glass of chocolate milk. Yep, I'm that good...
Now I really must leave the sunny office and head into the sunless kitchen, where I belong!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
It's a cool and cloudy Sunday here. I tried doing a yard sale to sell all the kids' DESIGNER clothing that they refuse to wear anymore and only one odd woman showed up. She messed up my tidy piles of clothing and wanted to pay me less than what I was asking. Needless to say she left without buying anything so I closed my sale.
Taking the little Duchy to the hospital for an MRI on her knee and hopefully she won't need surgery like her big brother.
Dinner is in the crock....homemade beef vegetable soup with all the veggies from my garden and some bread rolls. Can you smell it over there?
I'm going to run now so I won't be late. I'll probably not be on later since I didn't sleep well last night. Maybe I'll look for you in the morning, well your afternoon, my morning.
Hugs to you and Monty! By the way, Sadie is doing very well. Her wounds are almost all the way healed. She's become such a cuddler lately. Maybe she's still scared of the big bad world? Who knows.
Later Queenie!
Post a Comment