Tuesday, 30 September 2008

For me...That was....Too Karaoke! It's A No Darling!


Yikesy crikesy!

Poetry is running my life at present, been so engrossed in verse that I even forgot to hoover my employers upstairs rugs! He was not impressed. But I managed to keep my job by making him laugh. Phew!
Anyway back to today, haven't seen any of the Tory party's conference, which for me, is a first, something to do with that ex-public schoolboy Cameron. Can't stand the blighter, too smooth, too perfect and too TORY!

Now onto common stuff.
Love The 'X' Factor so much, I phoned the programme sponsors, the Carphone Warehouse and sung bloody Jingle Bells, they loved it of course and if there's any justice my singing effort will be on screen during the commercial breaks some time near Christmas. It must be my age!

Now listen here, today I'm going to be awfully busy, got to get the cat hairs orf the antimacassars and make some beef thing for tomorrow. No time for me of course, oh no, I'll have to continue deteriorating at an alarming rate, which, for a bighead like me, is so distressing. After all I only have my good looks to fall back on, because me brain is taking longer to start in the morning. And that's a worry.

On the menu today is: Something with bacon or something and a blackcurrant jelly with tinned cream. Oh dear!
Now I must dash to the best place on earth, my imagination.
Cheerio girls and boys...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my! Look at Mr. Cowell! He must have heard me this morning singing in the shower.

Now what's this about you calling tv shows and singing??? Have you gone completely bonkers??? I would love for you come carolling at my house. I'll have the hot chocolate ready for you.

What the devil is an antimacassar? I've never heard of one before. Is it a piece of furniture?

Good news.....the little Duchy is cleared to play footie again! The doctor called today and her MRI was negative. I'm sure she'll be jumping up and down.

My phone is off the hook with all these people calling.

We'll chat soon :)
The Duchess

Gloria Horsehound said...

Good to hear the little Duchy is fit yo play footie again. That's my girl!

I have not gone completely bonkers just a little bit bonkers. In the ad breaks during The X Factor, there are sponsorship credits and Carphone Warehouse show little animated characters singing. Well...if you log onto their website you can choose a song from a pick list and then sing it into your mobile phone and Hey Presto, the bods at Carphone Warehouse
choose the best or most stupidest! And so I thought..That's me that is!And sung me little heart out!

(There are some really good singers on this years show) I'll send you a link.

Antimacassar is a piece of fancy lacey cloth which goes on the back of a settee or armchair, to protect it. My settee is so torn to bits by a succession of cats that trying to doll it up is quite ridiculous! But I carry on regardless.

And I would love to come carolling with you, would you wear a bobble hat?

Got a lot on tomorrow Duch but will talk soon.

Anonymous said...

Antimacassar....what a funny name for a doily.

Talk to you soon, I'm glued to CNN about our failed bailout plan. What a bunch of morons in our congress.....

The pissed off Duch