Wednesday, 10 September 2008

David and Jelly


First of all thanks to the Duchess for her heartfelt comment on last night's poem. Her sweet words were just what I needed first thing this morning. My night time poems send me off to sleep better than anything, and I hope they do the same for my readers.
Now back to reality.

England v Croatia
World Cup Qualifier
8pm
Maksimir Stadium, Zagreb


England are playing Croatia today just in case you skipped the first bit, and as usual I'm in a tizz. And I can't bear to think what will occur if we lose to the Croats. I know what I'll do, I'll still wear my cheap England shirt and drool over Beckham's legs, after all he may not be as nifty as he once was, but he still looks quite nice. And he wears nice scarves, just like me...
Forgive me for indulging in a girly moment, it'll soon blow over because I'm off to Sainsbury's and traipsing around Sainsbury's doesn't make me feel girly AT ALL!
I feel more like a violent old cleaner who has ants in her pants.
I see a post coming up about what makes me feel 'girly'...

So on the agenda today:

Football because I love it

Trolley pushing because I have to

Willing England to victory and glory because I can't help it

Tea and crumpets because it's very English

Vacuuming Monty's head because he's a disgrace

Spaghetti Bolognaise but not piled up like a hill, that's just greedy
Blackcurrant Jelly because I like to smack it

Thank you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Crazy lady!!!
I'll be watching England on Setanta sports channel tonight I don't know if its on radio.
Good luck England

Blackcurrant jelly because I like to smack it...ROFLMAO!!!

Anonymous said...

You're welcome about the comment. Really loved that one. I can just see this little beacon of a rose in the dark.

Ah, Mr. Beckham is one fine specimen of a man. Thanks for making my day with that one. He does leave a woman feeling all fan-girly, doesn't he?

Good luck to your boys; please post a recap of the game.

Your girly Duch

Gloria Horsehound said...

I'm a comedy genius Victor.....